Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s, Pregnancy and Pelvic Health with Emma
Emma has a passion for helping women on their journey to better health and well-being.
She has nurtured her special interest in pelvic functions such as pleasure and sex, sexual pain, pee, pooh, pelvic floor and pregnancy!
With just over 9 years of experience in physiotherapy, Emma brings with her a passion for movement, exercise, and education.
Emma is motivated to help Women after struggling with chronic pelvic pain. She lives by the motto: there is ALWAYS hope for pain and dysfunction.
She believes in helping women by empowering them to take control of their pain and injuries and promotes healing through movement and education.
She is very active on Instagram and creates awesome educational content to help those in need. You can follow her here- Powerful Pelvic Physio
Did we mention she has her own Podcast? ‘The let’s be Honest podcast’
What conditions can Emma help you with
- Postnatal pelvic pain and weakness
- Pelvic girdle and lower back pain in pregnancy
- Pelvic floor pain
- Pain with intercourse
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Urine leakage when you exercise, laugh, cough, sneeze, lift or get out of a chair or bed
- Faecal incontinence
- Bladder Urgency
- Abdominal separation (rectus diastasis)
- Pre and post urogynaecological surgery
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Bed Wetting: Adults
- Frequently needing to go to the toilet
- Trouble reaching the toilet in time
- Difficulty emptying your bladder or bowel
- Sensation of heaviness, bulging or discomfort in the pelvic area
- Difficulty controlling wind
- Difficulty controlling your bowel
- Pre-operative and Post-operative management following gynaecological surgery such as hysterectomy
- TMJ/ TMD Jaw pain and dysfunction
- Lower back and neck pain
- Chronic pain
What to expect
- Detailed history and physical examination, including daily fluid intake, bladder function day and night, bowel and toileting habits, pelvic pain and sexual symptoms, gynaecological history, medical history, obstetric history (if you have had kids)
- Internal vaginal examination (with your consent of course) to properly assess your pelvic floor function. This not only allows the Physiotherapist to gain crucial information regarding the pelvic floor it also provides feedback for the patient on correct pelvic floor activation.
- We have a lot of work to do in an hour (or less) but it should give your therapist an idea of what the next steps are for you. And also give you a few things to start working on at home until your next session. We strive for you to feel respected and listened to in your session. We know that the first step can be scary to take.