At Beachside Psychology, we believe in providing an affordable service for clients and aim to ensure that finances do not prevent someone from being able to access help and support when needed. Our professional body, the Australian Psychological Society (APS) recommends $267 per 50 minute session, however our fees are substantially lower than this.
- Psychologist with Full Registration – $205.00 per hour (inc 10 min note taking)
- NDIS services – $214.41 per hour for a (fully registered psychologist)
- Clinical Psychologist – $247.00 per hour (inc 10 minute note taking)
Please note- the gap for MHTP is the same whether you see a Clinical Psychologist or a Registered Psychologist.
Many of our psychology clients are referred by their General Practitioner, via a Mental Health Care Plan.
A Mental Health Care Plan provides Medicare subsidised psychologist appointments. Clients with a plan are eligible to receive Medicare rebates for up to ten appointments per calendar year, plus a further 10 appointments per calendar year until 20 June 2022 under the Better Access Pandemic Support measure. The GP will need to complete a Mental Health Care Plan and psychology referral prior to the initial psychology appointment. We will need to have a copy of the referral on file before the initial psychology appointment, to enable the rebate to be claimed. Clients will need to have further appointments with their GP to obtain new referrals and review their Mental Health Care Plan throughout the year, as instructed by their GP and psychologist.
For clients who do not have a referral and Mental Health Care Plan, a rebate may be able to be claimed from their Private Health Insurance Fund.
Notes for Psychological Therapy Services.
- Fees may be eligible for private health rebates. You must check that you are eligible with your fund.
- Fees are payable at the time of consultation unless funded through NDIS or an approved third party.
- At the conclusion of each 50-minute counselling session, please allow 10-minutes for your practitioner to complete follow-up tasks.
Each session lasts for approximately 50 minutes. If you are late, your consultation may still finish at the scheduled time, to be fair to other clients.
If you would like to change or cancel your appointment, 24 hours notice is required. If you do not cancel your appointment within this time period (or fail to attend) you may incur a $90 non-attendance fee.