What are Orthotics?
Orthotics are custom-made inserts that fit comfortably inside your shoes. They are made to correct various biomechanical problems in the feet that might cause pain. They restore natural walking and running patterns, and are an extremely important part in the prevention and long-term solution of many problems in the feet, legs and hips.
What is Gaitscan™?
Beachside Physio uses Gaitscan™ technology which is a state-of-the-art electronic system that allows your physio to assess your foot mechanics with outstanding accuracy and reliability. It detects abnormal foot function which may be causing various problems throughout your body. The system produces a series of reports which enables your physio to treat you more effectively by seeing how your foot mechanics may be contributing to any problems you may have, and highlights if there is a need for custom orthotics.
Who should have a Gaitscan™?
The Gaitscan™ system helps our physio’s to provide you with the highest quality effective care for many situations such as;
- Feet that are sore on a regular basis eg pain under your heel (plantar fasciitis),
- If you have pain in your knees or Achilles tendon (back of your ankle),
- If you spend a good portion of your day standing or walking on hard surfaces,
- You play sport regularly, especially running sports,
- Standing, walking or running gives you joint pain (ankles, knees or hip),
- You have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc),
- One of your legs is shorter than the other,
- You have knock-knees or bow legs,
- Your shoes wear out quickly or unevenly,
- Your feet “toe out” when you walk,